Sitara Lal

Default Save as Web Page (.mht)

Using Office 2003, when I save a Word document as a web page, the resulting
..mht file appears to exclude header and footer content.

What can I do to ensure that the complete document (including Header /
Footer content) is saved and exported in the .mht file?

TF

You cannot include H&Fs in the HTML conversion. In a HTML, there is no such
animal as a page, so H&Fs are incompatible to that concept.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: What can I do to ensure that the complete document (including Header /
: Footer content) is saved and exported in the .mht file?
:
:

Pop

IMO best thing to do is change them to endnotes & provide links
to them if they are important to the text.
Since a web page is one long page, it can't have
header/footers.
Pop