Steve

Default Make normal view the default?

Sometimes when I open Word 2000, it's in Web Layout view. I'd like it
to always open in Normal view, but I don't see anything in Tools
Options that would accomplish this. ??? Thanks!
TF

Steve

Word will open in the same view that it was last closed in.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Steve" wrote in message
: Sometimes when I open Word 2000, it's in Web Layout view. I'd like it
: to always open in Normal view, but I don't see anything in Tools
: Options that would accomplish this. ??? Thanks!

Steve

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote:
Word will open in the same view that it was last closed in.

Thanks Terry, guess it must somehow be changing to Web Layout without
my noticing it...

TF

If it happens consistently, then there may be a problem with normal.dot, but
it is more likely some third party influencing this. However, I wasn't quite
accurate in what I said. I meant to have said that the view is remembered as
you close a document and it should open in the same view it was closed in.
If this is the normal (blank) document that is opening in web view, then you
need to switch it to print Layout (or normal) view, but you also need to
make the document 'dirty' so that Word will save the changes to normal.dot.
Just change the view and then add a character and delete it. Then close
Word.

Terry

:
: Thanks Terry, guess it must somehow be changing to Web Layout without
: my noticing it...
:
:

Graham Mayor

If you want to open all documents in normal view regardless of what they
were saved in, then the auto macros become necessary. Change the zoom
setting if required.

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With