Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
english[_2_] english[_2_] is offline

Default Print White Text on Blue Background

Am using Word 2002 and opened an older .doc file for printing and have the
white text with blue background option checed: paper is fed through the
printer without printing. What is strange about this is that other similar
doc files print O. K. Wht might be the problem and fix for it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
english[_2_] english[_2_] is offline

The font color for all these files is set as Automatic, which displays white.
I don't know how Word then translates the white text into black text at the
printer. However, since other files print without a problem, I cannot
understand why this one won't. If I change the font color to black, I can
print it but not as it is. I am concerned because I have a number of older
..doc files similar to the one I'm now having print problems with now and will
want to print them as well.

"english" wrote in message
Am using Word 2002 and opened an older .doc file for printing and have the
white text with blue background option checed: paper is fed through the
printer without printing. What is strange about this is that other similar
doc files print O. K. Wht might be the problem and fix for it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
english[_2_] english[_2_] is offline

Your post triggered a solution. I checked on the font color for this
particular file and it was, indeed, set to white. When I then set it to
Automatic, it printed. Thanks.