tjscholla

Default How can I have a permanent row size that doesn't resize with text

I'm trying to use a table, but I don't want the table to resize with text and
as I hit enter. I'm inserting text, but when I get to the bottom, it resize
and throws off the rest of the document and tables. I am wondering if it can
be used like an Excel cell, with a permanent size and automatic shrinking of
the text to fit. I would use excel, but Excel doesn't allow me the function
I need for my lesson planning (hyperlinking certain text, tabbing, etc.)

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Another thing to check, for columns that seem to resize automatically....
using Word 2002/3, select the table, and choose Table - AutoFit - Fixed
Column Width.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In any version of Word, you can set an exact row height, and in Word 2000
and above, in the Cell Options (Table Properties | Cell | Options), you
can
choose "Fit text" instead of "Wrap text."

so
all may benefit.