Mike A

Default Word tables in footers shift about / appear animated

Hi, i've a problem that is driving me mad. I've tried to hunt donw an answer
online research but without any success.

I'm using Word 2002 SP 2 on XP pro with SP 2.

From time to time when I insert a table in a footer of a document (of at
least 10 pages) the footer 'dances' from side to side and appears animated.
The table is typically 3 x 2 repeated on all pages except the first.

On some occasions setting the table to autofit to window cures the problem
but not on others. It appears to only occur when I insert a section break
page breaks.

When the document saves, the animation stops and the document appears as
expected momentarily before the animation resumes. The table appears as
expected when printed.

Any suggestions about how to get around this problem, advice on what i'm
doing wrong, or ideas about where else I can go to find an answer would be
HUGELY appreciated!.

--
Thanks!

Anne Troy

I wonder if the table is set to wrap text? Sorry...just a shot in the dark.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mike A" mikeastle(remove wrote in message
Hi, i've a problem that is driving me mad. I've tried to hunt donw an
answer
online research but without any success.

I'm using Word 2002 SP 2 on XP pro with SP 2.

From time to time when I insert a table in a footer of a document (of at
least 10 pages) the footer 'dances' from side to side and appears
animated.
The table is typically 3 x 2 repeated on all pages except the first.

On some occasions setting the table to autofit to window cures the problem
but not on others. It appears to only occur when I insert a section break
just
page breaks.

When the document saves, the animation stops and the document appears as
expected momentarily before the animation resumes. The table appears as
expected when printed.

Any suggestions about how to get around this problem, advice on what i'm
doing wrong, or ideas about where else I can go to find an answer would be
HUGELY appreciated!.

--
Thanks!

Herb Tyson [MVP]

It might be a display or a printer driver issue. I'd see if there were
updated drivers from the respective companies. Or, try a different screen
resolution to see if it becomes more stable.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
I wonder if the table is set to wrap text? Sorry...just a shot in the dark.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mike A" mikeastle(remove wrote in message
Hi, i've a problem that is driving me mad. I've tried to hunt donw an
answer
online research but without any success.

I'm using Word 2002 SP 2 on XP pro with SP 2.

From time to time when I insert a table in a footer of a document (of at