Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nick O[_2_] Nick O[_2_] is offline

Default Data source isue

Hi, I've worked with mail merge before but I'm stumped by a data source
issue. I connect to an Access 2003 database, and have no problem pulling in
data from one query (4,500 records), but when I switch to a second query that
has identical but with different criteria resulting in 16,000 records I get
nothing. Is there a record limit for merge that I need to think about?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do the "different criteria" include use of LIKE and wildcards? If so, the
problem is that by default Word uses OLE DB to get its data from Access, and
OLE DB expects to use ANSI SQL wildcards (_ and %) whereas Access expects
Jet SQL wildcards (? and *).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk