Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr Write Mr Write is offline

Default Word 2007 as email editor for Outlook 2007

I have modified a lot of navigation keys in Word to mimic Wordstar. For
example, Ctrl-D moves the cursor one character to the right, Ctrl-F moves it
one word to the right, etc. (I have also remapped the CAPS LOCK key to a
Ctrl key.)

This worked great in Outlook 2003 with Word configured as email editor. But
it does not work in Outlook 2007 with Word 2007 installed -- at least I can't
figure out how to make it work.

Help?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The probable reason is that I understand Outlook 2007 does not use Word as
an editor, but has its own editor which uses a subset of Word functions to
provide a Word-like appearance.

WordStar has not been around for about 15 years. Isn't it time you moved on
and learned the Word navigation tools? I still have WordStar on one of my
PCs, but I have long since forgotten most of the arcane commands, that were
once second nature.

Mr Write wrote:
I have modified a lot of navigation keys in Word to mimic WordStar.
For example, Ctrl-D moves the cursor one character to the right,
Ctrl-F moves it one word to the right, etc. (I have also remapped the
CAPS LOCK key to a Ctrl key.)

This worked great in Outlook 2003 with Word configured as email
editor. But it does not work in Outlook 2007 with Word 2007 installed
-- at least I can't figure out how to make it work.

Help?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr Write Mr Write is offline

I understand about Outlook's editor; I only was hoping that it had a facility
for reconfiguring keyboard commands as robust as Word's.

And who cares if Wordstar has not been around for 15 years? Its "control
diamond" happens to be an extremely efficient way to move around the screen.
As a professional writer who uses Word for hours each day, that adds up to
hours and hours of time saved.

But thanks for your concern.

Mr Write wrote:
I have modified a lot of navigation keys in Word to mimic WordStar.
For example, Ctrl-D moves the cursor one character to the right,
Ctrl-F moves it one word to the right, etc. (I have also remapped the
CAPS LOCK key to a Ctrl key.)

This worked great in Outlook 2003 with Word configured as email
editor. But it does not work in Outlook 2007 with Word 2007 installed
-- at least I can't figure out how to make it work.

Help?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Word 2007 has similar hot keys.
One character to the left LEFT ARROW
One character to the right RIGHT ARROW
One word to the left CTRL+LEFT ARROW
One word to the right CTRL+RIGHT ARROW
One paragraph up CTRL+UP ARROW
One paragraph down CTRL+DOWN ARROW

I you really must stick to the Word Star combinations a Microsoft keyboard
with Intellipoint Pro 5.5 allows you to reassign the keys that follow CTRL+.

Mr Write wrote:
I have modified a lot of navigation keys in Word to mimic WordStar.
For example, Ctrl-D moves the cursor one character to the right,
Ctrl-F moves it one word to the right, etc. (I have also remapped the
CAPS LOCK key to a Ctrl key.)

This worked great in Outlook 2003 with Word configured as email
editor. But it does not work in Outlook 2007 with Word 2007 installed
-- at least I can't figure out how to make it work.

Help?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr Write Mr Write is offline

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

I do have IntelliType Pro, but don't see any way to remap Ctrl key
combinations.