Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DEAN DEAN is offline

Default Unable to Change Styles in Protected form

Using 2007 SP02, I created a form and checked the Limit formatting to a
selection styles option prior to protecting the form. The file is saved as a
dotx in Sharepoint which is connected to a Content Type. When we go to the
SharePoint library and click on the New button to create a new file, we can
fill in the form fields but cannot choose any of the Styles. Any ideas why
this is not working as described in the Word Help files?
Thanks
Dean
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you applied forms protection to the document, you cannot apply styles;
all areas except for the form fields will be locked. You'll need to add a
section that you leave unprotected.

An unprotected section in a protected document can be edited (relatively)
freely, but note that you must use the Styles group of the Home tab when you
pick your styles. (Alternatively, you can use the Style box, which you can
add to the Quick Access Toolbar.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP