Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gh gh is offline

Default Table of Contents, adjustment to the left, word 2010

Hi,

My automatic created TOC loos like:

Table of Contents
Heading............... 1
Heading 2..........2
Heading .......3

I would like to move the headings as:

Table of Contents
Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3

I tried to move adjust TOC 1 but what i get is:

Table of Contents
1 Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3

I also chaged the font to Times, but every time I update the table of contents, I get back Verdana.

Thank you for all help
Best regards
Georg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you make your changes by opening the Styles panel and changing the styles,
or simply by moving the margins and selecting the type to change the font?

You need to do it through Styles.

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:19:34 AM UTC-4, gh wrote:
Hi,

My automatic created TOC loos like:

Table of Contents

Heading............... 1

Heading 2..........2

Heading .......3

I would like to move the headings as:

Table of Contents

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

I tried to move adjust TOC 1 but what i get is:

Table of Contents

1 Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

I also chaged the font to Times, but every time I update the table of contents, I get back Verdana.

Thank you for all help

Best regards

Georg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gh gh is offline

I used Styles.

Thank you for checking.

Georg

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 4:49:48 PM UTC+2, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gh gh is offline

It is still not working.

I deleted the created Table of Content and replaced with a good one, but when updating the table I get the one I wanted to replace.

Thanks for all comments
Georg

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:23:56 PM UTC+2, gh wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

I deleted the created Table of Content and replaced
with a good one, but when updating the table I get the
one I wanted to replace.

did you create your document based on a special template? Maybe there is an
option enabled to "automatically update document styles".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Modify the indentation for the built-in TOC 1, TOC 2, etc. styles, which
control the formatting of the corresponding table of contents entries (TOC 1
for level 1, TOC 2 for level 2, etc.). Also modify the font as desired for
these levels.

Here is one way to modify the styles: In the Apply Styles pane
(Ctrl+Shift+S), type in TOC 1 and click Modify. In the Modify Style dialog
box, make the desired changes. Specifically, indentation should be changed
via Format, Paragraph. Repeat for the other TOC styles.

The position of the page number is determined by a tab stop, which you could
also change via the Modify Style dialog above (in the dialog box, click
Format, and then click Tabs).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gh" wrote in message
Hi,

My automatic created TOC loos like:

Table of Contents
Heading............... 1
Heading 2..........2
Heading .......3

I would like to move the headings as:

Table of Contents
Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3

I tried to move adjust TOC 1 but what i get is:

Table of Contents
1 Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3

I also chaged the font to Times, but every time I update the table of
contents, I get back Verdana.

Thank you for all help
Best regards
Georg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gh gh is offline

Thank you Stefan.

This worked!

Thank you all others who tried to help me!

Br
gh

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:19:34 PM UTC+2, gh wrote:
Hi,

My automatic created TOC loos like:

Table of Contents

Heading............... 1

Heading 2..........2

Heading .......3

I would like to move the headings as:

Table of Contents

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

I tried to move adjust TOC 1 but what i get is:

Table of Contents

1 Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

I also chaged the font to Times, but every time I update the table of contents, I get back Verdana.

Thank you for all help

Best regards

Georg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement