Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari from Karkur Shari from Karkur is offline

Default Word 2003 - how do I set a keyboard shortcut to open a dialog box?

I would like to set a keyboard shortcut (e.g., CTRL+M) to open the Paragraph
dialog box (FormatParagraph). How do I do this?

(If your answer is code to paste in a macro, then I would also like to do
the same with ALT+P to open the InsertPictureFrom File dialog box).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Tools Customize - click the Keyboard button. You may want to research it a
bit in Word Help as well as the following link:

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC060785951033

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Shari from Karkur" wrote in
message ...
I would like to set a keyboard shortcut (e.g., CTRL+M) to open the
Paragraph
dialog box (FormatParagraph). How do I do this?

(If your answer is code to paste in a macro, then I would also like to do
the same with ALT+P to open the InsertPictureFrom File dialog box).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danker Schaareman Danker Schaareman is offline

You can also use the Alt key with 2 numbers/letters that you assign in the
customize commands menu. I think the number of keyboard strokes with Ctrl +
letter is quite small.
--
Danker

"Shari from Karkur" wrote:

I would like to set a keyboard shortcut (e.g., CTRL+M) to open the Paragraph
dialog box (FormatParagraph). How do I do this?

(If your answer is code to paste in a macro, then I would also like to do
the same with ALT+P to open the InsertPictureFrom File dialog box).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari from Karkur Shari from Karkur is offline

Default Word 2003 - how do I set a keyboard shortcut to open a dialog

Thanks, that is what I thought. I just didn't realize that I had to look for
InsertParagraph in the Insert category. (I thought "Paragraph" from the
insert category would be the command).