Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brieferman Brieferman is offline

Default "Footnote continued" message

How do I get the "footnote continued on next page" message to appear
automatically when a footnote goes over to the next page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there such a thing? It's not usual to have such a message. The fact
that the footnote ends in the middle of a sentence is indication
enough.

In the very unusual event that you have more than one paragraph in
your note, and the break coincides with the paragraph break, you might
type [more] and give it a right-tab against the right margin.

On Oct 24, 3:06*pm, Brieferman
wrote:
How do I get the "footnote continued on next page" message to appear
automatically when a footnote goes over to the next page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is such a thing, but in my experience it's flakey. In Normal/Draft
view, view the footnote pane, choose Footnote Continuation Notice from the
dropdown, and type the desired text. As you say, it's not common and usually
not necessary.

My experience (in a much older version, so it may have been fixed) was that,
once you add the notice, even if you decide not to use it and delete the
content, Word still leaves space for it (much like the persistent empty
header paragraph in some versions). I can't remember whether the problem
also included Word leaving space for it on every note, whether needed or
not, but that might have been part of why I decided against using it.