Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
teach teach is offline

Default How do I change the color of the comment boxes in Word 2007?

Under the review tab when I add a comment to a word document it is
automatically reddish/pink (a color teachers try to avoid when marking
student work) so How can I change the color? I've googled and searched to no
avail - I saw suggestions of going to hte Tools menu which I can't find or
changing user info color - can't find? Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are no menus in Word 2007 (so no Tools | Options | Track Changes tab).
Instead, on the Review tab, click the arrow below Track Changes in the
Tracking group and choose Change Tracking Options. There you can change the
color to something different.

Note, however, that this change applies only to your own system. If you are
printing these papers out, the color you use will be printed, but if you are
returning the papers to the students as electronic files, the color they see
will depend on their own tracking options settings. Depending on Word
version (or their choice, or the view they're in), they may not see balloons
at all. All these settings are local and cannot be saved with the document.

http://word.mvps.org

"teach" wrote in message
Under the review tab when I add a comment to a word document it is
automatically reddish/pink (a color teachers try to avoid when marking
student work) so How can I change the color? I've googled and searched to
no
avail - I saw suggestions of going to hte Tools menu which I can't find or
changing user info color - can't find? Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
teach teach is offline

Thank you! That worked and was especially helpful to know that it may change
when students open it!!

"teach" wrote in message
Under the review tab when I add a comment to a word document it is
automatically reddish/pink (a color teachers try to avoid when marking
student work) so How can I change the color? I've googled and searched to
no
avail - I saw suggestions of going to hte Tools menu which I can't find or
changing user info color - can't find? Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It almost certainly *will* change because red is (I'm pretty sure) the
default color, so unless they've had any reason to change it, they'll see
red. Sorry.

I do know what you mean, though. When I was teaching, I had two fountain
pens, one with black ink and one with red. Students would comment about "all
that red" and complain that their papers looked like they were bleeding.
When I stopped teaching and became a copy editor, I started using a green
pen instead--less traumatic for the writers!

http://word.mvps.org