Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Casper Feldmann Casper Feldmann is offline

Default two versions of the same document

Hello,

I was wondering if I could solve the following problem with Word.

I have two manuscripts. Manuscript A is shorter. Manuscript B contains
100% of Manuscript A but in addition has text blocks scattered in between.

I want to avoid having two files, since making a change to the
manuscript A would mean finding the exact same passage in manuscript B
and also changing it there, which can lead to mistakes. Is it therefore
possible to keep it all in one file and i.e. print two different
versions of the same document by “ignoring” certain passages. So I would
on the one hand print the manuscript omitting the “additions”
(manuscript A) and on the other print the whole thing including the
“additions” (manuscript B).

I though of doing this with comments, but that doesn’t seem like a
“clean” solution (because of the numbering, the initials, their position
in the text, etc). Is there a different way?

Thanks for your help!
Casper