Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TGillis

Default Mail Merger-- Word XP with Outlook 2003

I am running Word XP and Outlook 2003 SP2. When I do a mail merge to labels
from Word I am not getting my contacts to show up when I reach step 3 of the
merger. I work at a lawfirm where a few secretaries do this merger and can
see 1 of 3 attorneys contacts they have rights to and not their own contacts.
When I create a new contact folder in their mailbox the new folder shows up
and works fine.
Does anyone one why I am not able to get the primary contacts folder to show
up or why only 1 of 3 attorneys contacts are showing up.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There are problems with using Outlook 2003 with earlier versions of Word

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003/upgrade.htm

Though in your case, that may not be exactly it. Try initiating the merge
from Outlook.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"TGillis" wrote in message
I am running Word XP and Outlook 2003 SP2. When I do a mail merge to labels
from Word I am not getting my contacts to show up when I reach step 3 of
the
merger. I work at a lawfirm where a few secretaries do this merger and can
see 1 of 3 attorneys contacts they have rights to and not their own
contacts.
When I create a new contact folder in their mailbox the new folder shows
up
and works fine.
Does anyone one why I am not able to get the primary contacts folder to
show
up or why only 1 of 3 attorneys contacts are showing up.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TGillis

Thanks for your suggestions. Starting from Outlook didn't work because of the
older ver. of Word.
Are there SPs to download that could fix this?

"TGillis" wrote in message
I am running Word XP and Outlook 2003 SP2. When I do a mail merge to labels
from Word I am not getting my contacts to show up when I reach step 3 of
the
merger. I work at a lawfirm where a few secretaries do this merger and can
see 1 of 3 attorneys contacts they have rights to and not their own
contacts.
When I create a new contact folder in their mailbox the new folder shows
up
and works fine.
Does anyone one why I am not able to get the primary contacts folder to
show
up or why only 1 of 3 attorneys contacts are showing up.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I don't think so, but if there are, they would be mentioned somewhere on the
slipstick.com website. It is the authoritative source.