Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ezconklin ezconklin is offline

Default Options in a dropdown list

I have created a dropdown list. I have an "Other". If they select the
"Other" I'd like a fill in the blank to appear for them to type the specifics
of their "other". How do I get the blank to appear without always showing it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can run a macro on exit from the dropdown field to trap the entry Other
and add the user's choice eg

Sub EnterYourOwn()
Dim oFld As FormFields
Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields
Select Case oFld("Dropdown1").Result
Case Is = "Other"
start:
sText = InputBox("Enter the text for this field")
If sText = "" Then
MsgBox "This field may not be left blank"
GoTo start:
End If
oFld("Dropdown1").Result = sText
Case Else
'Do nothing
End Select
End Sub

ezconklin wrote:
I have created a dropdown list. I have an "Other". If they select
the "Other" I'd like a fill in the blank to appear for them to type
the specifics of their "other". How do I get the blank to appear
without always showing it?

Use & in dropdown list Linda L Microsoft Word Help 1 October 12th 07 06:32 AM
all fonts in Font folder don't appear in word dropdown options judyanncreations Microsoft Word Help 1 November 13th 06 09:02 PM
dropdown list rml Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 06 04:40 PM
How to set up a form checklist and dropdown options? rosie Page Layout 1 April 5th 06 10:46 PM
Creating a dropdown list Jaywright Microsoft Word Help 1 June 8th 05 11:53 PM