Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mina Din Mina Din is offline

Default MailMerge with Office XP and FoxPro

I have a very old program which is using FoxPro 6.0. There is a function in
the program to perform a mailmerge function and it works fine until my PC was
upgraded to Office XP. This is the coding of my program :

LOCAL lcWord

lcWord = CREATEOBJ( "Word.application" )
lcRenewalLetter = "c:\temp\life.doc"

lcWord.documents.OPEN( lcRenewalletter )
lcWord.activedocument.MailMerge.execute
RELEASE lcWord

I found the program was failed at the MailMerge.execute statement. The error
message is OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Miscrosoft Word.

Can anyone help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. What happens when you try to open "c:\temp\life.doc" manually? What
happens when you try to connect to the data source manually? (Hint: it may
be necessary to check Word -Tools-Options-General-"Confirm conversion at
open"). You may see...
a. a message concerning SQL. Even if you don't you may need to make the
registry change described in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us
b. a message saying that you need a new ODBC driver/OLE DB provider to open
FoxPro files. You may have to locate this (it probably will not be where the

message says it is) on the Microsoft website, and download and install it.
The trouble is that I cannot remember which versions of FoxPro require the
xBase driver/provider and which require the FoxPro-specific driver/provider.

There is more, but try that for starters.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk