Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default AutoNew not triggered by Merge to New Document

I failed to find anything on this via groups.google.com.
I use Word 2003 SP1 on Windows XP Professional SP2

Peter Jamieson has been hugely helpful in getting me to where I am in
filtering table rows in a mail merge.

I have code I want to run after "Merge to New Document" creates a new
document. I tried AutoNew but it is not triggered. (It might not be
relevant as the sequence might have been:
create_new_document; autonew; fill_new_document where I want:
create_new_document; fill_new_document; autonew.)

The "auto macros" VBA help topic does not help.
The mailmerge document property has no event, I could attach code to.

An alternative approach might be to run the relevant code via a
keystroke but 1) keystrokes mappings are not exported to the new
document; 2) I REALLY don't want to run the relevant code in the source
document; 3) I don't know how to automate creation of the mapping in the
new document.
--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are mail merge events that you should be able to use for your purpose.

Such events are used in the add-in the create separate documents when
executing a mail merge that you can download from fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.