Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Popeye

Default Clip Art behind text

Hi everyone

I use Word 2003 and am able to use a clip art image in some text. I set it
to be in front of the text and everything's fine. However, if I set it
behind the text, the image can't be selected again for manipulation. I
couldn't find an easy way to do this but a colleague and I came up with some
workarounds:

1. Select the text, cut it to the clipboard, bring the image forward and
then restore the text;

2. Move the margin of the text to reveal the image, bring it forward and
then restore the margin;

3. Add blank lines above the text to move it down, bring the image forward
and then remove the blank lines (this doesn't work if the image it anchored
to the text).

These workarounds seem messy and I wondered if there's a "built-in" solution
that I've missed.

Thanks for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

On the Drawing toolbar, click the Select Objects button (a white
arrow); then you can click and drag to select the clip art (or any
object behind text).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]