karuqa karuqa is offline
Junior Member

Post Creating a "SAVE" button in word 2010

Hi there

I am creating a "SAVE" button in word which will save the form in "pdf" format.

Can anyone please help me in this matter.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Creating a "SAVE" button in word 2010

It's probably not so simple as that, because you're in fact "printing"
a document, and you need to specify the folder to keep it in. Do you
realize that you can just do Ctrl-P (or click the Print button), and
in the Print dialog, choose "Adobe PDF" as the printer to use? Word
will then offer to save it in the last folder you saved a pdf to,
which may or may not be the right folder for the new document.

I did once try to use the Adobe tab (in Word2007), and it messed up
the pdf -- miscellaneous characters were inserted in the result in
place of certain control characters (I think ones that set R-to-L and
L-to-R direction).

Then one day Word announced a "serious problem" (or something like
that) in connection with the Adobe interface and asked permission to
deactivate the connection. I no longer have the Adobe tab on the
Ribbon, and I have no trouble making pdf's out of the Print dialog.

--
karuqa

karuqa karuqa is offline
Junior Member

Well i know that ... but what i want to do is .. in the macro i have specified the folder where it will save the converted pdf file .. have done this successfully with excel . probably i can paste the logic here ... and you can let me know if there is any issue in it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post