schismatic schismatic is offline
Junior Member

Question Citations Appear in "Current List", but not in the document itself

I have a document which I have been writing using the built-in citation system.

Within the Source Manager, the "Current List" shows a number of citations as being used within the document - this is denoted by them being ticked - yet they do not actually appear anywhere within the document.

I do not actually wish to cite these any longer, but I cannot delete them from the "Current List" because they are ticked (delete is therefore greyed out). Because I cannot delete them from the "Current List", they then appear in the Bibliography which I do not want because I am not citing them.

Any suggestions? How can I check through the document effectively to make sure that they aren't covertly being referenced somewhere?

I need to know how I can remove them from the "Current List".

Many thanks,

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Citations Appear in "Current List", but not in the document itself

Is it possible that the unwanted references have gotten marked Hidden
Text? (Find won't find anything if they are.) Do "Show Hidden
Text" (Ctrl-Shift-8) and search a name you know is in one of the
recalcitrant entries.

I *think* that if you edit something in one of the problem references
-- change the spelling of the author, say -- and turn on Track
Changes, and do "Update Citations," then Track Changes will show you
where the item changed.

Or, did you perhaps tick all three of "Suppress Author, Date, Title,"
so that nothing shows up but the entry is still there?

Then you could do the F9 thing to Reveal Field Codes and they should
show up. (Sorry, I can never remember all the different F9 things.)

--
schismatic