Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
species8350 species8350 is offline

Default Lost A Document

I use Word m2002.

I have lost a document on my pc. Look as I may, I cannot find it. It
was created over the last few days. Has anyone any idea where it
might be.

I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried searching for the document in Windows?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-04-13 16:07, species8350 wrote:

I use Word m2002.

I have lost a document on my pc. Look as I may, I cannot find it. It
was *created over the last few days. Has anyone any idea where it
might be.

I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Thanks

Yes, but no luck.

I thought that I saved the file, but I can't find it.

If for some reason the file was not saved, is there a record somewhere?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could search for autorecover files (*.asd) in Windows Explorer, but
these are usually deleted unless Word crashed. For future use, you can
download an add-in that saves backups, automatically if you wish. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/SaveReminder.zip.

Word 2010 works a bit differently, as it retains autorecovery files for an
unsaved document even if Word exits normally. However, saving manually (or
using the add-in), is recommended even in that version.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-04-13 16:07, species8350 wrote:

I use Word m2002.

I have lost a document on my pc. Look as I may, I cannot find it. It
was *created over the last few days. Has anyone any idea where it
might be.

I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Thanks

Yes, but no luck.

I thought that I saved the file, but I can't find it.

If for some reason the file was not saved, is there a record somewhere?

Thank you, I'll look for any asd files. I assume that the extension
means auto saved documents.

I'll also have a look at the link.

Best wishes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
species8350 species8350 is offline

On Apr 14, 11:07*pm, species8350
wrote:
On Apr 14, 6:53*pm, "Stefan Blom"

On 2012-04-13 16:07, species8350 wrote:

I use Word m2002.

I have lost a document on my pc. Look as I may, I cannot find it. It
was *created over the last few days. Has anyone any idea where it
might be.

I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Thanks

Yes, but no luck.

I thought that I saved the file, but I can't find it.

If for some reason the file was not saved, is there a record somewhere?

Thank you, I'll look for any asd files. I assume that the extension
means auto saved documents.

I'll also have a look at the link.

Best wishes.

I have just been to the gmayer site.

To protect myself in the event of crash, I enabled the options
recommended. I note that when I now exit Word I get a message telling
me that changes have been made to the template and asking if I want to
save. I get this message every time I use Word. Is this normal?

Thanks

lost document howieswife Microsoft Word Help 16 February 8th 10 04:12 PM
Lost document Jeri Microsoft Word Help 6 June 14th 07 01:32 PM
Lost document - Mac. word document Aqua Pear Microsoft Word Help 2 May 10th 05 02:55 AM
I have lost my lost the "Insert Auto Text" in Header/Footer Jim Henderson New Users 5 April 8th 05 12:22 AM
lost unsaved data from word 2002 is it lost permenantly? pearl Microsoft Word Help 2 February 5th 05 06:02 AM