Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brenda Rueter

Default Help with Find/Replace

Word 2002 SP3

I want to search a document for multiple occurrances of the following:
ft2
in2
I want to replace it with the 2 alone in superscript. There are many other
times the number 2 is used through the document so I cannot just replace
that one character. Eventually I want to write a macro to automate this.
So far I've not found an easy way to do the Find/Replace. Can anyone help?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

To fix up the current document:

- Select the 2 in any occurrence of ft2 and press Ctrl+Shift+= to make it
superscript.
- Select the whole expression and copy it to the clipboard.
- Open the Replace dialog. Type ft2 in the Find What box, and the code ^c in
the Replace With box. (The ^c code means "the clipboard contents".)
- Click the Replace All button.

Repeat for the in2 occurrences.

To avoid having to do this in the future, create AutoCorrect entries. Select
the ft2 with the superscript 2. Click Tools AutoCorrect Options. Click the
option button labeled Formatted -- you should see the expression with the
superscript just below it. Type ft2 in the Replace box and click the Add
button, then OK. Repeat for in2. From now on, when you type ft2 followed by
a space or punctuation, the AutoCorrect will instantly replace it with the
formatted version.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Brenda Rueter wrote:
Word 2002 SP3

I want to search a document for multiple occurrances of the following:
ft2
in2
I want to replace it with the 2 alone in superscript. There are many
other times the number 2 is used through the document so I cannot
just replace that one character. Eventually I want to write a macro
to automate this. So far I've not found an easy way to do the
Find/Replace. Can anyone help? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brenda Rueter

Thanks Jay. The Autocorrect tip won't help in this case. My user does a
merge which contains the superscripted character and the superscript does
not carryover from Excel into Word. We're trying to find a way to correct
what is already there. I thought that if I could get the Find/Replace to
work, we would be able to write a quickie macro to automate the process.
I'll work on this. Thanks again!

Brenda

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
[...]

so
all may benefit.

Brenda Rueter wrote:
Word 2002 SP3

I want to search a document for multiple occurrances of the following:
ft2
in2
I want to replace it with the 2 alone in superscript. There are many
other times the number 2 is used through the document so I cannot
just replace that one character. Eventually I want to write a macro
to automate this. So far I've not found an easy way to do the
Find/Replace. Can anyone help? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke

Hi Brenda,

If it's easier, you could also use ft² and in² in "Replace with".

Regards,
Klaus