Michael Lindekugel

Default File size

Hello,

I just noticed a word doc that I have been editing for about six months is
know 42MB. the doc stats a
Pages 10
Paragraphs 228
Lines 413
Words 3731
Characters 18764
Characters with spaces 22189

I am not tracking changes. Fast Save is off. I am keeping versions.

I tried to rename the file. that didn't work.

any suggestions?

thanks,
Michael

Jay Freedman

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:28:08 -0800, "Michael Lindekugel"
wrote:

Hello,

I just noticed a word doc that I have been editing for about six months is
know 42MB. the doc stats a
Pages 10
Paragraphs 228
Lines 413
Words 3731
Characters 18764
Characters with spaces 22189

I am not tracking changes. Fast Save is off. I am keeping versions.

I tried to rename the file. that didn't work.

any suggestions?

thanks,
Michael

If "I am keeping versions" isn't a typo, that could be the cause, or
at least part of it.

Otherwise, the leading suspect is document corruption. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm for
troubleshooting tips.

--
Regards,