Lori

Default Word 97 vs 2000 fields

I am a long time 97 user. I am trying to help someone
using 2000 create a template for work. I walked her
through creating a template today (over the phone). When
she tried to use the template though, none of the fields
were saved with the template. The fields were there when
she saved the template. These are just blank fields used
as placeholders in the template to move from one heading
to the next, not to pull data from elsewhere. What's in
the newer versions that could make this happen? TIA
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Lori,

What do you mean by "blank fields"? How were they inserted?

Are you sure the fields are really gone (since you couldn't
see the document)? How did you/she determine this?

Are you absolutely certain she saved as a WORD DOCUMENT, and
not in some other file format? That would be the first
thought that occurs to me. I'm not aware of any general
problem that would "lose" fields or any other document
content when saving...

I am a long time 97 user. I am trying to help someone
using 2000 create a template for work. I walked her
through creating a template today (over the phone). When
she tried to use the template though, none of the fields
were saved with the template. The fields were there when
she saved the template. These are just blank fields used
as placeholders in the template to move from one heading
to the next, not to pull data from elsewhere. What's in
the newer versions that could make this happen?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun
8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM
In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 07:49 PM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 11:32 PM