Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
blautopf blautopf is offline

Default How do I sort a reference list in Word for a dissertation?

I have a number of items in a reference list I am doing for a dissertation in
Word. The entries are multilinear with the sort keying only on the first word
on the first line of the reference. How do i sort the list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hi blautopf

blautopf wrote:
I have a number of items in a reference list I am doing for a dissertation in
Word. The entries are multilinear with the sort keying only on the first word
on the first line of the reference. How do i sort the list?

if "multiliniear" means one paragraph with any number of lines per
entry, you should be able to simply click the sorting command and be
done with it. Where this command can be found depends on the version of
Word you're using.

HTH
Robert
--