Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

Default decidedly simple question

Using XP and I'm admitting to a brain fart. Word has decided that it
won't convert "th" or "st" into superscript and I couldn't find the
box that should be selected to correct the problem. Word does convert
into a happy face. So all is not lost - but I'm perplexed. Why
would it convert one, but not the other and where is the option found?
I looked under Options, but missed it if it's there.

TIA

Mae West
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

From the Tools menu, select AutoCorrect Options and then go to the
AutoFormat As You Type tab and check the box against "Ordinals (1st) with
superscript".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sf" wrote in message

Using XP and I'm admitting to a brain fart. Word has decided that it
won't convert "th" or "st" into superscript and I couldn't find the
box that should be selected to correct the problem. Word does convert
into a happy face. So all is not lost - but I'm perplexed. Why
would it convert one, but not the other and where is the option found?
I looked under Options, but missed it if it's there.

TIA

Mae West

Simple Question I think.... Doonz[_2_] New Users 1 November 15th 07 05:08 AM
Simple question Shinin-san Microsoft Word Help 2 June 6th 07 05:55 AM
Simple Question Bstice Mailmerge 5 February 2nd 07 11:38 PM
Just a simple question: End of section Helen Microsoft Word Help 2 March 31st 06 06:36 PM
Simple Tab Question Steve Page Layout 11 January 30th 05 12:39 AM