Sue Hughes

Default Mail Merge crashes in Word 2003

We are running XP Operating System, Word 2003, and Hummingbird DM 5. Each
time I am moving through the Wizard steps in either Letters or Labels,
Microsoft Word crashes. "Encountered an Error".
Is this a known issue?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Sue
Doug Robbins

I haven't heard of the error or Hummingbird DM 5. At which step of the
Wizard does it crash? Are you able to create a mailmerge if you use a Word
document or Excel spreadsheet as the datasource?

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

Also, instead of using the wizard, turn on the mailmerge toolbar via
ViewToolbars

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sue Hughes" wrote in message
We are running XP Operating System, Word 2003, and Hummingbird DM 5. Each
time I am moving through the Wizard steps in either Letters or Labels,
Microsoft Word crashes. "Encountered an Error".
Is this a known issue?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Sue

Sue Hughes

DM is our document management system. The error occurs when I use a Word data
source that has been save in the DM system. I'm going to try a data source
that has been saved locally.