Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
racin racin is offline

Default how to make a 9x5 template

I'm trying to make a in word 2003 template that will allow me to ceate a
document that prints 9in heigth and 5in wide. or instructions on how to do so?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Define your page settings first.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"racin" wrote in message
I'm trying to make a in word 2003 template that will allow me to ceate a
document that prints 9in heigth and 5in wide. or instructions on how to do
so?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Post Quarto size (9"x7") is an unusual standard and may be compatible with
your printer. If it is, then when you select the page size, it should be
listed. If not, you may have problems printing that size. Although you can
choose Custom sizes and enter you own measurements in Word, if the printer
doesn't like that size, it may just keep erroring 'Wrong Paper installed'
when you try to print. You can usually fool printers by selecting the next
supported paper size in Word (probably Letter) and adjusting the margins so
that your text is restricted to the appropriate area for your printer. The
printer will almost certainly print onto the Post Quarto paper even though
it expects Letter: it just won't realise that Post Quarto has been loaded.
You will have to play with settings to see if it works OK.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP