Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RPMitchal RPMitchal is offline

Default Beginning XML

Hello Robert:

Thanks so very much for the links. I will be sure to check them out in my
effort to "connect the dots".

I sure do appreciate all of you folks who contribute this forum.

Rod

"Robert" wrote:

Have a look at these MS pages:

"XML Notepad 2007 provides a simple intuitive user interface for browsing
and editing XML documents."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296560

"How to use XML Notepad to create an XML document"

On Mon, 5 May 2008 13:03:02 -0700, RPMitchal wrote:

Word Professional 2003

I am anxious to get started with learning the in's and out's of XML.
However, I seem unable to either locate or install from the "templates and
add-ins" feature any schemas for use in beginning this process.

In following the instructions for the Online Tutorial at the Microsoft Web
Site, I have additionally found that I do not have the capability of saving a
Word document with an .xml extension. This option is not available to me at
this point.

I would be very appreciate of anyone who may perhaps be able to shed any
light on this suation for me as to how I should proceed. Perhaps the xml
features are a part of an "add-on" of which I am unaware.

Thanking you in advance - Rod