Kara

Default Customizing tool bar

I've been trying to customize my tool bar with specific commands in Word. I
can do this successfully, but after turning off my computer and restarting
and reopening Word, the commands have been restored to the original setup.
Isn't possible to make these changes permanent? Thank you!
--
KHM
Anne Troy

You don't have rights to change your normal.dot file.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Kara" wrote in message
I've been trying to customize my tool bar with specific commands in Word.

can do this successfully, but after turning off my computer and restarting
and reopening Word, the commands have been restored to the original setup.
Isn't possible to make these changes permanent? Thank you!
--
KHM

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2FyYQ==?=,

I've been trying to customize my tool bar with specific commands in Word. I
can do this successfully, but after turning off my computer and restarting
and reopening Word, the commands have been restored to the original setup.
Isn't possible to make these changes permanent?

Which version of Word are you using? And Windows?

Do you have any file or document management system installed? Antivirus
software, such as the Norton Antivirus Office Plug-in?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Kara

I'm using Word 2003 and Windows XP. The post above by Suzanne solved my
problem, however: 'Shift-File, Save All' saved the changes I'd made to my
toolbar.
--
KHM

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?S2FyYQ==?=,

I've been trying to customize my tool bar with specific commands in Word. I
can do this successfully, but after turning off my computer and restarting
and reopening Word, the commands have been restored to the original setup.
Isn't possible to make these changes permanent?

Which version of Word are you using? And Windows?

Do you have any file or document management system installed? Antivirus
software, such as the Norton Antivirus Office Plug-in?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Building a tool for managing the meeting's minutes Franz976 Mailmerge 3 June 21st 05 07:13 PM
stop control tool box from opening with document Rob J Microsoft Word Help 1 June 14th 05 02:40 AM
Why does the Speech Tool in Office XP disable my internet search . drjim Microsoft Word Help 1 March 25th 05 04:50 AM
pdf tool bar wendy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 05 06:39 PM
The tool bar is not highlighted and doesn't work. Unable to Edit Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 03:45 PM