Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tochay

Default Phantom recent files

Im sorry to be a pest about this but its hard to explain. I understood what
Bob said about the €¦ but I want to see what I really named my doc. & not
these phantom names!

These are the phantom names that appear on the recent history drop-down list.

The first 4 of 9 recent documents always reads the exact same words
regardless of the name its given/saved as & regardless where I open it from
or what I name the document.

1 C:\...\Policy 3 rev ... (shows phantom title)
2 C:\...\My Documents\Policy 3.doc (shows phantom title)
3 C:\...\My Documents\Policy 3copy.doc (shows phantom title)
4 C:\...\My Doucments\Policy 3 columns.doc (shows phantom title)
5 C:\...\Word Doc\whaterver.doc(this is the real name of a doc)

After the 5th file it will reflect the correct name. #1-4 does open the
actual last used document, just doesn't reflect the correct name of the doc.

Thanks, Tochay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

If you are referring to a previous thread you should either quote the
relevant part of the previous correspondence or better still reply to the
original thread, so viewers know what you are on about.

From what you have stated here, it sounds like the settings sub key of the
Word data key may be corrupt. If clearing the recent file list
http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm doesn't correct the
problem then resetting the registry key by deleting or renaming it OldData
may do so. http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm

tochay wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tochay

Hi Graham,
My apologies for not following protcal, for those interested, my original
question was posted on 1/30/2006 11:34 AM PST " Recently used file list
won't display".
I was affraid it wouldn't get another response so I posted again & thought
I'd try explain the problem clearer.
As you suggested, I tried clearing the recent file list which never
corrected the phantom. Then I followed the instructions naming it OldData.
Still didn't work. I'll try restarting my computer & see what happens.
(i get real nervous messing with the registry keys)
Crossing my fingers...
Thanks very much,
tochay

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you are referring to a previous thread you should either quote the
relevant part of the previous correspondence or better still reply to the
original thread, so viewers know what you are on about.

From what you have stated here, it sounds like the settings sub key of the