Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default International Characters - Keyboard Shortcuts

I have searched help and discovered the Keyboard shortcuts and I can
get these to work on my desktop in work but not on my laptop I have
searched through my settings but I can't see anything obvious to
change.

i.e. CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE) when I do this nothing happens.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

Hello-

I'm sure this isn't the answer you would prefer, but it would seem that the
appropriate explanation would have to come from the mfr of the laptop to
determine why their keyboard doesn't conform to 'standards' and/or what needs
to be done to make it do so.

There may be some sort of proprietary settings software that needs to be
adjusted, or perhaps some equivalent to a Fn key that needs to be used. There
might also be languge settings to adjust, etc. Unfortunately, there are
almost as many variations as there are laptop models.

Good Luck |:)

" wrote:

I have searched help and discovered the Keyboard shortcuts and I can
get these to work on my desktop in work but not on my laptop I have
searched through my settings but I can't see anything obvious to
change.

i.e. CTRL+` (ACCENT GRAVE) when I do this nothing happens.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Thank you for your help, all sorted now.

How to disable keyboard shortcuts in Word 2003 techni Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 06 11:47 AM
International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
Macros and Keyboard Shortcuts mafixit Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 05 10:00 PM
International characters in mail merge sandra Mailmerge 1 December 23rd 04 05:42 AM
International Characters Shortcuts polkabats Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 03:11 PM