Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dana in Portland Dana in Portland is offline

Default template...sort of?

I am trying to create a "template" (not a true Word template, but a document
my co-workers would use like a template) in Word that will be used to
customize posters. Users would open the document, type their message in
pre-placed text boxes (that line up with blank areas on the poster), then
print directly onto the poster.

My problem is this. I have attempted to create the "template" using a text
box, don't want a black outline to print on the poster. If I make the box no
line no fill, the user cannot see where the box is placed on the page. Can
someone help me solve this problem? Alternative suggestions for ways to
create my "template" are also welcomed!

Thanks, Dana
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use a table without borders, but with the gridlines displayed. Size the
cells of the table to exact dimensions so that the text is in the right
place.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dana in Portland" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to create a "template" (not a true Word template, but a
document
my co-workers would use like a template) in Word that will be used to
customize posters. Users would open the document, type their message in
pre-placed text boxes (that line up with blank areas on the poster), then
print directly onto the poster.

My problem is this. I have attempted to create the "template" using a text
box, don't want a black outline to print on the poster. If I make the box
no
line no fill, the user cannot see where the box is placed on the page. Can
someone help me solve this problem? Alternative suggestions for ways to
create my "template" are also welcomed!

Thanks, Dana

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Another option to consider - Use the No Fill/No Line Text Box but while
active in the box go to InsertField, select MacroButton. Type a message in
the Display Text: area such as "Click HERE to enter text", using a separate
Text Box in each location to be edited.

Alternatively, you could use InsertFieldFill-in (with appropriate Prompt:
text) in each of the Text Boxes & save the file as a Word Document Template.
Each time the user creates a doc based on the template each field will
generate a prompt (one after the other) for content & insert the content
entered in the appropriate box.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones