Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Merging Tables

Using Word 2003 I have a document that contains two tables one right after
the other that I would like to merge together as they contain continuous
information. When I attempt to copy and paste it says that this feature has
been disabled because it is incompatible with Word 97. Is there a way for me
to merge these two tables? I can't seem to find a way.

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why does it think you're in a Word 97 document?

What happens if you put your cursor in the paragraph between the two
tables and press Delete?

On Sep 23, 2:48*pm, Richard wrote:
Using Word 2003 I have a document that contains two tables one right after
the other that I would like to merge together as they contain continuous
information. *When I attempt to copy and paste it says that this feature has
been disabled because it is incompatible with Word 97. *Is there a way for me
to merge these two tables? *I can't seem to find a way.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aflatoon Aflatoon is offline

Add rows to the first table and copy/paste the content of the second table
into them.

2. Convert both tables to text, then convert all the text back to a single
table.

"Richard" wrote:

Using Word 2003 I have a document that contains two tables one right after
the other that I would like to merge together as they contain continuous
information. When I attempt to copy and paste it says that this feature has
been disabled because it is incompatible with Word 97. Is there a way for me
to merge these two tables? I can't seem to find a way.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Thank you. By converting from table to text it revealed that the table was
actually residing in several a text boxes for some reason.

"Richard" wrote:

Using Word 2003 I have a document that contains two tables one right after
the other that I would like to merge together as they contain continuous
information. When I attempt to copy and paste it says that this feature has
been disabled because it is incompatible with Word 97. Is there a way for me
to merge these two tables? I can't seem to find a way.

Richard

Deleting a paragraph between tables/merging two tables i*sam Tables 12 October 31st 07 09:45 PM
Merging TAbles Dee Tables 1 October 23rd 07 09:47 AM
merging tables Cindy Tables 3 February 1st 07 05:12 AM
Merging two tables together Grd Tables 1 January 18th 06 04:25 PM
Merging Tables jeromek Tables 1 June 12th 05 10:58 AM