Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Word or Excel? Office form

I'm creating a form that a user fills in. It has numerous lines, shading,
and boxes. I had originally designed this in word, but someone told me that
such forms are best done in excel? Which is easier and most commonly used.

I'm planning on utilizing this form with a computer, ie instead of
handwriting all the entries, simply type them in for each client. There is
one area where I would like to enter a date and have a calculation performed
with auto-entry of the answer in another box. Once again, can word do this,
or is this where excel would be necessary. I just find word so much nicer
for support staff to perform data entry in as the form looks the same as a
printed/handwritten form in the past. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See:

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Hope this helps.