Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kelly V Kelly V is offline

Default Can I email a word doc. without that document being an attachment

How do I send a word document as the body of my email? The only way I can
find to email a word document is to attach it. People don't opne attachments.
Help me please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The simple answer is that you can't. The requirements of Word documents and
html fortmat used for e-mail are quite different. In any case many of your
potential recipients will only view e-mails in plain text format.

If this is an unsolicited document then don't send it. There's enough
rubbish clogging up the internet and its spam filters. If there is some
reason why you need to send a document then get the recipient to agree to it
before you attach it.

If you want to send a formatted e-mail work in web layout view or better
still use the html e-mail editor of your e-mail application.

Kelly V wrote:
How do I send a word document as the body of my email? The only way I
can find to email a word document is to attach it. People don't opne
attachments. Help me please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you are using Word 2007 then you need to add the Send to Mail command to
your Quick Access Toolbar to make the command available. To do so,
right-click your QAT and click "Customize Quick Access Toolbar". In the
"Commands Not in the Ribbon" category locate "Send to Mail Recipient" and it
to your QAT.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: