Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nancy Nancy is offline

Default Protect created letterhead

I have created letterhead in a header for our letters as a document template.
I would like to protect that header so that it cannot be changed. Can I do
that? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

At the very beginning of the doc insert a Continuous Section Break. When
you're ready to save the completed template go to Tools Protect Document...
and apply protection to Section 1.

Also, if you're not familiar with it you may want to review MVP Suzanne
Barnhill's artical on setting up a letter template - especially the part
that refers to multi-page:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Nancy" wrote in message
I have created letterhead in a header for our letters as a document
template.
I would like to protect that header so that it cannot be changed. Can I
do
that? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nancy Nancy is offline

The protect feature worked great. Now, when I use the template function to
use the letterhead, the part of the document that is not protected (the
typing area for the body of the letter) all highlights in yellow on my
screen. Is there a way to not have it highlight in yellow? Thanks so much.

"Nancy" wrote in message
I have created letterhead in a header for our letters as a document
template.
I would like to protect that header so that it cannot be changed. Can I
do
that? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Turn on the Protect Document Task Pane & remove the check for "Highlight the
Regions I can Edit". However, I believe that any time someone opens the file
or creates a new file based on the template the highlighting will
automatically be displayed along with the task pane - the idea being to be
certain the user knows the doc is protected and indicate where they can make
changes. I don't know of any way to prevent that other than to apply
Protection by Section rather than by selected regions.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones