Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default stopping a document from being overwritten

Hi
if i create a document that has form fields in it and save it as a template
using office 2003. will this stop other users of this document overwriting
the original.

I have to create standard letters that have form fields in them and send out
to our off site workers - but I dont want the original overwritten i want
them to have to rename the doc to save it after filling it in.

if this is not the correct way to do it - any advice will be appreciated.

lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Of course not - however if you create new documents from the template there
will be no need to rename the document. The new document won't have a name
until it is saved. You could also force a particular naming strategy with
macros in the template.

lisa wrote:
Hi
if i create a document that has form fields in it and save it as a
template using office 2003. will this stop other users of this
document overwriting the original.

I have to create standard letters that have form fields in them and
send out to our off site workers - but I dont want the original
overwritten i want them to have to rename the doc to save it after
filling it in.

if this is not the correct way to do it - any advice will be
appreciated.

lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Hi Graham,
I'm hoping you can help me. First, I apologize as the only way I can get
into the forum is via "Response". Not through "New".
Question: how do I delete a document in word while IN word? I wish this
was a joke. The quick start menu allows me to save, save as, print, etc. but
not delete. Thank you for your help!!! Also I understand how to delete it
from the "outside" via explorer.
-
Mark

lisa wrote:
Hi
if i create a document that has form fields in it and save it as a
template using office 2003. will this stop other users of this
document overwriting the original.

I have to create standard letters that have form fields in them and
send out to our off site workers - but I dont want the original
overwritten i want them to have to rename the doc to save it after
filling it in.

if this is not the correct way to do it - any advice will be
appreciated.

lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can delete documents in any of the file operations windows eg File
Open, File Save. Select the document and press the delete key. You cannot
of course delete any document that is open at the time.