Bernie

Default Stopping Automatic Indenting

How do I indent the second line (and third, etc.) without also indenting the
first line? I can't find anything in auto-correct that addresses this.
Jezebel

It's not an autocorrect issue. Format the paragraph (or paragraph format for
the style) with a hanging indent.

"Bernie" wrote in message
news
How do I indent the second line (and third, etc.) without also indenting
the
first line? I can't find anything in auto-correct that addresses this.

Stefan Blom

You can press CTRL+T to set a hanging indent. You can drag the indent
marker with the mouse to specify a value other than the default. For
even more control, hold the ALT key while you are dragging, in which
case Word displays measurements on the ruler.

Alternatively, you can click Paragraph on the Format menu. Click the
Indents and Spacing tab. Under "Special", click "Hanging" and specify
the desired value in the "By" box.

Of course you can modify a paragraph style (or create a new one) to
include the desired indent settings. For an introduction to styles,
please see: http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html.

--
Stefan Blom

"Bernie" wrote in message
news
How do I indent the second line (and third, etc.) without also

indenting the
first line? I can't find anything in auto-correct that addresses

this.

Bernie

Thank you so much. I feel like an idiot, seeing how oobvious the answer was.
I'm a WordPerfect user with a new computer with Microsoft Word and just
learning the differences. Bernie

"Bernie" wrote:

How do I indent the second line (and third, etc.) without also indenting the
first line? I can't find anything in auto-correct that addresses this.

Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

Also, you have no reason to feel stupid. Of course there is a learning
curve when moving from WordPerfect to Word, given the fact that the
two applications are so different from each other. For more, please
see:

How Word differs from WordPerfect
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WordVsWordPerfect.htm

Some Tips and “Gotchas” for those who are new to Word
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/TipsAndGotchas.htm

Is there life after “Reveal Codes”?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

--