Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judy C Judy C is offline

Default Directory Merge Excel 2002

The Current Document includes a paragraph above where I want the directory
list placed.
Using the Mail merge Wizard I opt for a Directory
Selected recipients sucessfully - all rows in excel workbook are checked.

Merge to a new document & there are 2 problems:
1. it is repeating the paragraph above the merged fields.
2. the merge skips every other row in excel, even thought they were checked.

I just want the paragraph from my original document & a simple list of all
rows from the excel Doc.
Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The skipping would be occuring because you have a Next Record field in
the mail merge main document where none is required for a Directory type
Mailmerge

You will need to add the Paragraph that is above the mergefields to the
document created by executing the merge after it is created.

If there are mergefields in that pargraphs it sounds like you are probably
trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)" mailmerge
which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at :

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article:

or take a look at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.