Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LH LH is offline

Default mailmerge from excel with multiple worksheets

I'm trying to use excel as my data file & word as the formatted front end.
The excel file has many worksheets. Perhaps mail merge isn't the right tool,
but linking doesn't seem to allow me to select the specific fields from each
worksheet either. Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word can only use a single flat data source. If the data is scattered over
a number of sheets, you will need to create on sheet that displays all of
the data in the one place so that it can be used as a data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP