Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Technojunkie Technojunkie is offline

Default Merging data from Access Query

Hello:

I have this document that is supposed to populate certain fields in a
word document from an access database. I'll try to explain this the best I
can.
I've never dealt with populating fields in word only mail merging, so I
don't know where to begin inside word.

The process starts in an access database. I don't think there is
anything wrong with the query or the form, rather inside word the way that it
tries to merge the access data from the query. I can run the query inside
access and it pulls the information back just fine. Here's what happens on
the word side.
I open the access database and have a form called letterpopup. Inside
the form is a merge button to merge fields into a word document.
If the form is CLOSED I get prompted for the parameter value. If the form
is OPEN, everything works fine.

When I try to merge, I get the following messages:

"Opening this document will run the following SQL command. Select * from
[ClaimsQuery]. Data from the database will be placed in the document, do you
want to continue? Y/N ?" If I click yes, I'm prompted to enter the parameter
value to continue, If the form is CLOSED. If the form is OPEN, everything
works fine.

I've checked the query and the paramater that is supposed to pass to
the word document isn't checked, so it should pass it without getting
prompted for it. Also in the Criteria section of the query is the proper
information.

How do I check inside of the word document to see how it passes or processes
the and merge the information?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.