Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
spunkycowgirl spunkycowgirl is offline

Default Can I set a default data source location?

I just upgraded to Word 2003 and none of my mail merge templates are working.
I get a new window that says "opening this document will run the following
SQL command..." It has the correct path but it is not connecting. I have to
reselect my path everytime I open the document. Can I change the default
location where it is looking for my data (like we can set the default of
where to look for .doc files)? Also, can I stop this window from popping up
everytime I open a template? Also, is it possible to get rid of the save
prompts when you close out of the document? In the previous version it would
prompt with one pop-up...now it is prompting TWO pop-ups just to get the
document & template closed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps.