Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roy Carlson

Default Totaling merged data in new document

How do I total several dollar amounts in a mail merge directory and show that
total at the end of the mail merge, under the column that contains the merge
data? For example:
[merged data from csv file]
PersonA DollarAmount
PersonB DollarAmount
PersonC DollarAmount
[after merge is done]
TotalDollarAmount

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Simplest to set up the mergefields in a table and then add a row at the
bottom of the table and insert a formula from the tools menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Roy Carlson" Roy wrote in message
How do I total several dollar amounts in a mail merge directory and show
that
total at the end of the mail merge, under the column that contains the
merge
data? For example:
[merged data from csv file]
PersonA DollarAmount
PersonB DollarAmount
PersonC DollarAmount
[after merge is done]
TotalDollarAmount

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roy Carlson

I've tried that. When I complete the merge, however, I get a total for each
row, and not a total for all rows at the end of the document. Am I missing
something?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Simplest to set up the mergefields in a table and then add a row at the
bottom of the table and insert a formula from the tools menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Roy Carlson" Roy wrote in message
How do I total several dollar amounts in a mail merge directory and show
that
total at the end of the mail merge, under the column that contains the
merge
data? For example:
[merged data from csv file]
PersonA DollarAmount
PersonB DollarAmount
PersonC DollarAmount
[after merge is done]
TotalDollarAmount

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roy Carlson

Yeah I got that. But I'm wanting a way to automate this. You see, I work
with people who don't know a lot about formulas and what not. I'd like to
set it up to d it automatically. I'm thinking that a macro would do it, but
I have only written simple macros or edited macros that are already written.
I've never started one from scratch like this.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Simplest to set up the mergefields in a table and then add a row at the
bottom of the table and insert a formula from the tools menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Roy Carlson" Roy wrote in message
How do I total several dollar amounts in a mail merge directory and
show
that
total at the end of the mail merge, under the column that contains the
merge
data? For example:
[merged data from csv file]
PersonA DollarAmount
PersonB DollarAmount
PersonC DollarAmount
[after merge is done]
TotalDollarAmount

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The following macro will add a row at the bottom of the table and in the
first cell of that row, it will insert the word "Total" and in the second
cell, it will insert the total of the amounts in column 2 of the table.

Dim i As Long
Dim TotalDollars As Double
Dim atable As Table
Dim currange As Range
Dim newrow As Row
Set atable = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
TotalDollars = 0
For i = 1 To atable.Rows.Count
Set currange = atable.Cell(i, 2).Range
currange.End = currange.End - 1
TotalDollars = TotalDollars + Val(currange)
Next i
Set newrow = atable.Rows.Add
newrow.Cells(1).Range.InsertAfter "Total"
newrow.Cells(2).Range.InsertAfter Format(TotalDollars, "$#,###.00")

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
SQL Prompt When opening merged documents Jeni Q Mailmerge 14 August 11th 05 09:10 PM
Macro to add data to merged document FJB Mailmerge 1 August 9th 05 06:22 AM
View Merged Data Button not Working AlanMagppie Mailmerge 2 June 10th 05 07:12 PM