Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lubnwafe Lubnwafe is offline

Default How access the "'New' dialogue box"?

No dialogue box appears when I click on "New," simply a blank page with
inapplicable matters on right side.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In all versions of Word, the New button on the Standard toolbar (or
equivalent in Word 2007) performs the FileNewDefault command; that is, it
creates a new Blank Document based on Normal.dot. In Word 2002 and 2003, the
File | New... command opens the New Document task pane; to get to New
dialog, you have to either click "On my computer" in the task pane or use
Tools | Customize to add the FileNewDialog command to a menu or toolbar (as
explained in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm. If
you're using Word 2007, you probably need to do something similar, but I'm
not sure how.

"Lubnwafe" wrote in message
No dialogue box appears when I click on "New," simply a blank page with
inapplicable matters on right side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's a similar process in Word 2007, but the names have been changed
to protect the guilty. :-)

Click the down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar and select
More Commands. In the dialog, set the category to Commands Not in the
Ribbon. Select the command "New Document or Template..." and click the
Add button, then click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman