Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KDenton KDenton is offline

Default Why doesn't Insert key work?

I'm using Word 2007, just upgraded. Can anyone tell me what key to press now
to overwrite text? I used to press the Insert key in Word 2002 and anything I
typed would overwrite what was there, but it doesn't work in 2007. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Hi KDenton,

There is an option that controls this:

Office button Word options Advanced Editing options Use the Insert
key to control overtype mode.

Regards.

Ed