Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pattiann

Default error message - ntvdm.exe

I run XP. I recently had to use my restore disk because my computer crashed.
I am now trying to install PCStudy Bible version 4. I had version 3.1 prior
to my computer crash. I wanted to upgrade the software program. I keep
getting the following error message:
Joshua.exe €“ Unable to locate component
This application has failed to start because ntvdm.exe was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
The PCStudy Bible people tell me that it is a microsoft error code. The
microsoft tech cannot find that as an error code. I have uninstalled both the
version 3.1 and the new version 4. I continue to get the same error message.
Has anyone had the same error message?
Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

This newsgroup is for questions about Microsoft Word, so do you
have a question about Microsoft Word?

ntvdm.exe should be in your C:\Windows\System32 folder. If it
isn't there, then that's your problem. If it is there, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=220155 "Troubleshooting NTVDM
and WOW Startup Errors". If you still have problems, then you
might try asking in a more appropriate newsgroup such as
http://www.microsoft.com/communities..._an d_support
..

pattiann wrote:

I run XP. I recently had to use my restore disk because my computer crashed.
I am now trying to install PCStudy Bible version 4. I had version 3.1 prior
to my computer crash. I wanted to upgrade the software program. I keep
getting the following error message:
Joshua.exe €“ Unable to locate component
This application has failed to start because ntvdm.exe was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
The PCStudy Bible people tell me that it is a microsoft error code. The
microsoft tech cannot find that as an error code. I have uninstalled both the
version 3.1 and the new version 4. I continue to get the same error message.
Has anyone had the same error message?
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pattiann

Thanks, garfield-n-odie. At least I think you have put me on the right track
with the other newsgroup. I did not have a clue where to turn.