Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Default Office 2003: How Get Caption under the figure?

Subject is the question. I inserted a picture into some text, used the
Caption entry with the pulldown mouse menu. The caption appears to one side
or the other. Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to get to the Caption again
after I've set it. Puzzling.

"He who laughs, lasts." -- Mary Pettibone Poole
--

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

W. Watson wrote:

Subject is the question. I inserted a picture into some text, used the
Caption entry with the pulldown mouse menu. The caption appears to one
side or the other. Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to get to the Caption
again after I've set it. Puzzling.

Well, I've sort of got it. One uses Insert-References-Caption on some
image (jpg, in my case). Clicking OK, then produces a image (figure?) with a
caption under it, "Figure 1", for example. Now one edits the caption box.
Seems a bit odd, but it works.

So why the label list? What's that about? One can make new labels, but why?
I guess one is making a phrase that tells what kind of label it is and it
gets placed at the start of the caption box. Seems right. I guess one can
auto number Figures or whatever other type of labels there are (Tables?).
How does one get rid of a label (type)? I ended up making one called Galaxy.
I really don't need it.

"He who laughs, lasts." -- Mary Pettibone Poole
--

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

W. Watson wrote:

W. Watson wrote:

Subject is the question. I inserted a picture into some text, used the
Caption entry with the pulldown mouse menu. The caption appears to one
side or the other. Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to get to the Caption
again after I've set it. Puzzling.

Well, I've sort of got it. One uses Insert-References-Caption on some
image (jpg, in my case). Clicking OK, then produces a image (figure?)
with a caption under it, "Figure 1", for example. Now one edits the
caption box. Seems a bit odd, but it works.

So why the label list? What's that about? One can make new labels, but
why? I guess one is making a phrase that tells what kind of label it is
and it gets placed at the start of the caption box. Seems right. I guess
one can auto number Figures or whatever other type of labels there are
(Tables?). How does one get rid of a label (type)? I ended up making one
called Galaxy. I really don't need it.

.... neeever mind. :-)