Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
linguister linguister is offline

Default Word color

I'm not sure how I did this, but here's the problem:

When I am in an existing Word doc and I click on File-New, the box appears
on the left side of my screen to ask what type of doc I would like to open.
The problem is that all of the options are in an orange font, instead of the
default black. Actually, my hyperlinks are also set to this orange font. How
can I get rid of the orange and get my default colors back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Give it a try:

Click Format - Style and Formatting
From the bottom of that Task Pane Window under "Show" - choose "All Styles".
From the "Pick formatting to apply" check which style has orange color.
Select that style and from Formatting of Selected Text box click Modify and
change the Font Color.

Hope this help, Let us know!

"linguister" wrote:

I'm not sure how I did this, but here's the problem:

When I am in an existing Word doc and I click on File-New, the box appears
on the left side of my screen to ask what type of doc I would like to open.
The problem is that all of the options are in an orange font, instead of the
default black. Actually, my hyperlinks are also set to this orange font. How
can I get rid of the orange and get my default colors back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
linguister linguister is offline

Hi RajKohli,

I changed all the colors in style and formatting and that doesn't seem to
fix my problem. I obviously changed my hyperlinks, but still, when I click on
Edit - New, my options are written in Orange on word. I do remember that to
change things to orange just took 1 click, but I can't remember where I found
the button to click.

Thanks for the idea! Any others?

"RajKohli" wrote:

Give it a try:

Click Format - Style and Formatting
From the bottom of that Task Pane Window under "Show" - choose "All Styles".
From the "Pick formatting to apply" check which style has orange color.

"linguister" wrote:

I'm not sure how I did this, but here's the problem:

When I am in an existing Word doc and I click on File-New, the box appears
on the left side of my screen to ask what type of doc I would like to open.
The problem is that all of the options are in an orange font, instead of the
default black. Actually, my hyperlinks are also set to this orange font. How
can I get rid of the orange and get my default colors back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This is a wild guess--try changing the colors for hyperlinks in Internet
Explorer. Word might pick the defaults up from there. In particular,
the box on the left side of your screen might call on IE. Certainly the
Help system is Word calls on IE for font size, I think.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that. I'd assume maybe Tools |
Options in IE, but check Help.

"RajKohli" wrote:

Give it a try:

Click Format - Style and Formatting
From the bottom of that Task Pane Window under "Show" - choose "All Styles".
From the "Pick formatting to apply" check which style has orange color.

"linguister" wrote:

I'm not sure how I did this, but here's the problem:

When I am in an existing Word doc and I click on File-New, the box appears
on the left side of my screen to ask what type of doc I would like to open.
The problem is that all of the options are in an orange font, instead of the
default black. Actually, my hyperlinks are also set to this orange font. How
can I get rid of the orange and get my default colors back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

A few days ago, someone was having trouble with his web-page color in IE and
I give the right instructions to solve the problem. I didn't realize that the
same settings will apply to Microsoft Word as well. Thanks to Daiya Mitchell
for the update and reminder.

The options is under IE's Internet Options. Open Internet Explorer - click
Tools - Options - from the General Tab click Colors button. In the right
side, check the color settings for "Links". See the colors for Visited and
Unvisited web-site. Change them according to your preferences.

Hope this help, let us know!

"RajKohli" wrote:

Give it a try:

Click Format - Style and Formatting
From the bottom of that Task Pane Window under "Show" - choose "All Styles".
From the "Pick formatting to apply" check which style has orange color.

"linguister" wrote:

I'm not sure how I did this, but here's the problem:

When I am in an existing Word doc and I click on File-New, the box appears
on the left side of my screen to ask what type of doc I would like to open.
The problem is that all of the options are in an orange font, instead of the
default black. Actually, my hyperlinks are also set to this orange font. How
can I get rid of the orange and get my default colors back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
linguister linguister is offline

It WORKED! That's exactly how I changed it in the first place Thanks for
all your help. That orange was starting to drive me crazy!

"RajKohli" wrote:

Give it a try:

Click Format - Style and Formatting
From the bottom of that Task Pane Window under "Show" - choose "All Styles".
From the "Pick formatting to apply" check which style has orange color.

"linguister" wrote:

I'm not sure how I did this, but here's the problem:

When I am in an existing Word doc and I click on File-New, the box appears
on the left side of my screen to ask what type of doc I would like to open.
The problem is that all of the options are in an orange font, instead of the
default black. Actually, my hyperlinks are also set to this orange font. How
can I get rid of the orange and get my default colors back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

They sort-of apply to Word. Not inside the documents, but part of
Word's infrastructure like Help and I guess that new doc box are written
in HTML and so lean on IE a little.

Glad that guess paid off.

Daiya

"RajKohli" wrote: