Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ROBROYNZ

Default How do I insert AutoText in Word 2007

I've just downloaded the Office 2007 beta and find that there seems not to be
any ability to insert AutoText in Word. It's probably called something else,
but the online help doesn't help. Anyone come across where it's hiding? If
so, I'd welcome your instructions. Tks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoText per se has been somewhat deprecated, I gather (replaced by Quick
Parts, I believe). AutoComplete is completely gone for AutoText, but
existing entries can still be inserted by typing the entry name and pressing
F3.

"ROBROYNZ" wrote in message
I've just downloaded the Office 2007 beta and find that there seems not to

be
any ability to insert AutoText in Word. It's probably called something

else,
but the online help doesn't help. Anyone come across where it's hiding?

If
so, I'd welcome your instructions. Tks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roystreet

Seems like a lot of work to have it complete a word for ya! I used to love
the auto-complete function. I wonder if that's something that should become
a suggesstion for the MS to have put back in there.

Thanks,
---roystreet

"ROBROYNZ" wrote in message
I've just downloaded the Office 2007 beta and find that there seems not to

be
any ability to insert AutoText in Word. It's probably called something

else,
but the online help doesn't help. Anyone come across where it's hiding?

If
so, I'd welcome your instructions. Tks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can still use AutoCorrect, just not AutoComplete for AutoText.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText per se has been somewhat deprecated, I gather (replaced by

Quick
Parts, I believe). AutoComplete is completely gone for AutoText, but
existing entries can still be inserted by typing the entry name and

pressing
F3.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ROBROYNZ" wrote in message
I've just downloaded the Office 2007 beta and find that there seems

not to
be
any ability to insert AutoText in Word. It's probably called

something
else,
but the online help doesn't help. Anyone come across where it's

hiding?
If
so, I'd welcome your instructions. Tks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Roy,

MS has said their listening, so be sure to send your feedback directly to the MS Office team, using the 2007 Feedback tool from the
links below including details on how this change will impact your daily usage of Word.
=========

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures and comments)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007
a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

AutoText still exists but it is now a named gallery of Building Blocks along
with other built in galleries like like headers, footes, cover pages,
tables, watermarks, text boxes, equations, page numbering. It is a god
awful mash of stuff filling a so called Building Block Manager. It is like
managing chaos. Theses building blocks consist of just about anything that
you can define once and use over and over again. Create it, select it, and
capture it with the same ALT+F3 keystroked and there is where you get to
decide which cabbage patch to put it in.

The worst category is "Quick Parts." When you put it there then anytime you
go to insert one of the near countless things in building blocks a drop down
covering nearly half of your screen jumps out screaming at you "I'm a quick
part pick me, pick me." Even if you didn't want to see a "quick part" but
hey wait a minute, "Quite Part" is the intuitive command name that the
Office development team choose to label the command button for inserting any
of the building blocks, plus fields, document properties, page numbers, etc.

It is all clear as a bell.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: